This website has lots of food gift ideas
I think labne (yoghurt cheese) is delicious gift idea and it looks beautiful. Caramelised onion marmalade is a great gift also and adds flavour to so many dishes.
See here for how to make labne.
See here for how to make caramelised onion marmalade
Make your own caramel (dulce de leche). This is so decadent and beautiful and can be used in lots of sweet recipes, or you can stir it through ice-cream, or make caramel melting moments and spoon it between shortbread!
Or for a healthier gift idea, why not make some bliss balls?
For Australian, handmade arts and craft goods have a look at:
For something fair trade, have a look at Oxfam
- Put all names of those participating in a hat
- Pull out a name
- Keep it a secret
- Everyone buys and wraps up a present (best to set a dollar limit to $10 or whatever you choose), it doesn’t matter what it is. It can be funny, silly, useful...
- Write numbers on little pieces of paper corresponding to how many people there are and put them in a hat.
- The person with number one gets to choose their present first
- The person with number two can decide to open a new present or to take number one’s present
- Each time someone gets up, they have their choice of one of the unwrapped gifts or one of the wrapped ones.
- If a person gets their gift taken from them, they go back up to choose an unwrapped one. It goes on until everyone has a gift.
This post is brought to you by Kristie Ussher, acupuncturist and Chinese medicine herbalist at Ocean Acupuncture in Curl Curl on Sydney's Northern Beaches.
Ocean Acupuncture is a natural medicine centre of independent health practitioners. The views expressed in this blog are the author's only and do not necessarily reflect the views of the other Ocean Acupuncture practitioners.
The information presented in this blog, and on the Ocean Acupuncture website, is for interest and educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for health or medical information or advice. For health or medical advice, please consult your health professional.